Old 02-26-14, 03:50 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
You will not qualify for the morphological exemption- you have longer legs than me, and I don't qualify. It's based on knee over pedal pedal spindle or something similar..

One thing that could be exacerbating the situation is that you are using a saddle that is specifically designed to be run at -5cm, yet allow the rider a more forward position. So running that saddle at -2cm yields a Net result of an extremely forward position...
Exactly.

In order to get the exception of having your saddle inside of 5cm of the BB, the rider must mount the bike, set a crank arm at 90 degrees, and the official will observe the knee position. If the knee is at or behind the pedal spindle, it is legal. If the knee extends past the pedals spindle, it is illegal.

OP, your knee is waaaay past the spindle.

In terms of Triathlon rules, it depends on what governing body you are racing under.

USA Cycling/UCI says that the saddle cannot be within 5cm of the BB.
USA Triathlon says that the saddle can not only be within 5cm of the bb, it can extend up to 5cm PAST the BB:

A vertical line touching the front most point of the saddle may be no more than 5 centimeters in front of and no more than 15 centimeters behind a vertical line passing through the center of the chain wheel axle.
The 15cm rule is probably to disqualify recumbent bikes.