View Single Post
Old 02-27-14, 07:24 AM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Well, first, I definitely have to recommend dcrainmaker.com if you haven't visited his site yet. He covers pretty much all the major fitness tech, and he's got previews of 2014 products. As far as your question, I'm not sure how the new products' data will export, definitely don't know if you could merge that with data from another app (other than manually entering an avg HR, which doesn't tell a whole story). I think, if she's also monitoring speed/cadence, all the stuff will have to go through one app for the best tracking. The new offerings by Mio look intriguing as far as wrist based HRM, I'd check out their products, but I think, like the wahoo stuff, your wife would be tied to her phone. The TomTom Multisport is a watch that runs on Bluetooth Smart and communicates with HRM and speed/cadence sensors, so that's one product if your wife isn't keen on using the phone during rides (the RFKLT looks nice, but it relies on the iphone as the gatekeeper). Don't know how helpful I've been, but I think the market for watch type HRM's will start to mature this year.