Old 02-27-14, 10:34 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by WestMass
Yeah, you're definitely going in the opposite direction of the heavy traffic both ways, huh?
In the outbound direction on weekday mornings, traffic is light til about 6:00 AM, but afterwards still lighter than in the inbound direction. On weekends traffic is light til about 8:00 AM. Afterwards on weekends, there is no specific directionality, but is heavy as people attend to various errands.

I take the Commuter Rail back inbound to Boston on weekdays. Traffic is light after about 7:00 PM in that direction. I used to commute home by bike on weekdays, but was hit from behind on a Friday night about 9:00 PM:

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
.. I got hit from behind on a wide, well lit, low-trafficked, low-speed-limit, residential street [Washington St in Norwood] in June, 2012. Fortunately I have the option of Commuter Rail home with bike, and I had to promise family and friends I would cut out the evening commute.
In any case I ride and let my destination choose the time and

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…Choice of a route will depend how confident you are in riding in suburban and urban traffic, and how well you know the routes…