View Single Post
Old 02-28-14, 11:33 AM
tk1971

Bikes: Nishiki Prestige, Reign, IH Warrior, Rockhopper, Brompton, Q-Bike, Forever, Free-Ride, Dahon, Merckx Premium, Litespeed Teramo, Raleigh MTi 1000, Motobecane Fly Ti, OnOne 456, Kona Unit, Transition TransAM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I actually have 2 Burley trailers (both a single and a double occupant). Even with the flag and 2 - 3 lights blinking, people in cars are just not "programmed" to notice trailers. I've had people lunge forward or attempting to back up as soon as I passed, not registering that my toddler is behind me in a trailer. Happened twice, so there won't ever be a third time.

The Wee-Ride works, but it's a bit clumsy and there's not a lot of opportunity for evasive action. Putting that much faith in the skill and alertness of drivers is just not going to happen.

The IT Chair, Tyke Toter, and even the iBert (which I also have) puts the child right where I can see them. That may or may not make a difference, but it makes me feel safer about it.

As far as brake levers, that's how they are, as I understand it. Same as on my wife's Brompton (both S Types). I've tried rotating them up, but it prevents the bike from folding. Regarding the seat, we're still making adjustments for fit. That's what we use the weekend neighborhood rides for. Still got a month before our little trip.