genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Puppypaws
My husband bought a new hybrid Trek in June. It looked like fun and it was such a pleasure to ride compared to the old, too small, handles too low, chain rattling, hurts my rump and wrists, 9 year old walmart special bike that I had. It inspired my new found interest in cycling. So I went out and got a Gary Fisher and we enjoy cycling together now. It is one of the few exercises I can do that actually makes my bum hip feel better.

I wonder if people knew that there are much more comfortable/responsive bikes out there if there would be an upsurge in cycling.
Good point... to far too many Americans, "a bike" is that thing from XMART that is a pain to ride and even harder to keep adjusted.

I remember talking to a good friend that bragged about his great bike... only to show it to me and I realized it was a stamped out piece of junk... yeah, he liked it, but he only rode it a couple of miles now and then... I had just toured the state on my well machined "machine."

This came up on another thread... why aren't the LBS taking a role in local bike promotion... everything from riding lessons to promoting local group rides... much as SCUBA shops do? There are certainly more Bike shops in my area than SCUBA shops... yet I don't hear "bike activities or news" like I do hear "dive conditions" on the local broadcasts.