Old 03-02-14, 10:50 PM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chojn1
Twocicle,
Awesome build! Beautiful bike! Thanks for the pictures. I've been ogling them for the last hour. Now I understand what needs to be done with the wire routing through the eccentric. I keep thinking I need to modify the Bushnell essentric, I even ordered an extra one to play with. But, what I really need to do was to cut a grove in the shell. Interesting that Calfee also cut a grove in the rear bottom bracket shell. I have always assumed that there is sufficient room between the shell and the bottom bracket to accommodate the wires. I'll have to look at that again.
CJ
I think there is room but possibility of pinching a wire putting in the BB in the shell is the reason for the groove plus the wires have to essentially turn 90 degrees in the shell so they would ride over a sharp edge, The groove allows them to make a gradual curve and there is no possibility of rubbing. When Calfee does the build they put a dab of silicone in the groove to hold the wire in place, I'm not sure it is necessary but it is insurance the wire doesn't get caught or pulled. I don't know much about drilling Ti except slow, sharp, lots of pressure and cooling lubricant (apparently olive oil work very well).