Old 03-03-14, 02:54 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Last night I downloaded my first off-line map using Locus. Turned out it was a "pay for" map. I didn't really understand what was happening until I was prompted to "purchase credit" before downloading the map. While I knew I was buying something I didn't quite understand what was happening. Finally figured it out and decided to go through with the transaction. It seems when you purchase credit you are actually buying a certain amount of map tiles. You don't necessarily use those all at once. When you outline your map the app tells you the amount of tiles required ( depending on your chosen resolution / size level you might require more or less tiles ) I was wrong about just using a rectangle to outline the area. You can adjust the download area using several points.

At some point I'll figure out the "openandrop" map process but for the time being I have a couple off-line area maps that should come in real handy once I get out in the boonies.

Irrev-apple, thanks for the tip on adjusting the contrast and such. Works great. I also tried out the "night screen" which I'll likely use when riding at night. NOW what I want is for the designers of the Locus app to dialog with the RWGPS website so I can run my route maps on Locus.

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 03-03-14 at 03:03 AM.