Old 03-03-14, 11:13 PM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by twocicle
Bezalel:

True, the Shimano BTR2 seatpost battery is so small it could be placed in any of the major tubes, especially easy to do with the coupled sections. I'm not sure if it is better to keep the battery tucked safely away in a seatpost (as long as nobody steals the seat/post that is) or bottom tube.

---

Bad1:

Total weight for complete build (ready to ride) is shown in the OP, just above the first photo.
Bryan
With the new e tube wiring you can mount the battery anywhere you want and could even put it in the handle bar in most bars and just plug it into a port on the A junction box , really up to ones imagination however the seat post works just fine. In the builds I have been doing I have just been wrapping the battery in packing foam and pushed them into the seat post with a zip tie sticking out to remove it by and they stay just fine light and free.For the latter I suppose a bunch of foam wrap would work as a holder. BTW I carry one long spare wire when traveling that I could replace any wire on the bike with if one were to get damaged.

Last edited by akexpress; 03-03-14 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added info