Old 03-04-14, 09:31 AM
LONO100

Bikes: Scott Scale 950, bianchi via nirone, bianchi fremont, GT avalanche 1.0, kona Muni-mula, nishiki century singlespeed, bianchi strada singlespeed conversion, bianchi eros robinson BMX, haro mirra, custom low rider bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im pretty sure the chainring is on correctly, and i have inspected the cage of the front deraileur and it looks pretty normal. like i said in my original post i have inspected the deraileur and it looks physically proper, maybe i should have specified that i found the cage to be at a proper height and parallel to the largest chainring.

swapping in a front deraileur sounds like a good idea, but i currently dont have a spare one or even one on another bike that would work with this bike.

i am starting to think that maybe the chainring is indeed toasted and that maybe i might need some new rings.

thanks for all the great responses, this has been very helpful. once i get home today, i will a close up pic of the anchor bolt on the front deraileur, and also a few close ups of the chain rings so i can get some opinions on the wear on the teeth. thanks again everyone.