View Single Post
Old 03-04-14, 11:09 AM
RWBlue01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Louise Le Tour
DO NOT use wasp spray for self defense! It's a FEDERAL offense and you'll end up in civil court big time if there's any permanent injury. Stick with products that're designed and marketed as self defense items. If your use of them is legitimate you stand a much greater chance of not spending the night in the slammer whilst your bike and belongings disappear into some cop's garage! If you can get a concealed weapons permit that's the biggest convincer I know of when dealing with two legged dogs. Stay alert, stay safe.

Well, for some reason I didn't get the quote but you get the idea.
Why is it a Federal offense? Which law?

If you are buying Wasp spray for personal defense against people and animals, I think this is a poor decision. If on the other hand you have had issues with Wasps in the past...and this is what you have in hand to defend yourself...I don't think you would have any more legal issues using this vs. a mace, bear spray, baseball bat.......... There are some places where you can stand your ground and there are places where standing your ground is treated like you attacked someone.