View Single Post
Old 03-04-14, 05:05 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 630 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
I am getting a little carried away, I'm afraid. I haven't finished my Atala yet, and I'm already busy with Clunker Project II: one of the folders I bought last week. Acquisition cost €12.50. I stripped it and added an old and rusty steel drop bar.

To be honest: the ride was a major disappointment. The thing still weighs 14 kgs and is not very stiff. And at 30 kph the frame movement hits its eigenfrequency, and I can't keep my feet on the pedals.

Well the local coop has a couple of those mono frame folders in there junk pile they always looked a little scary to me. More of a novelty bike than a rider but great job on building it up and going for something interesrting different. What I have liked about all of these clunker bikes is that for the most part they are interesting different keeping the budget down really brings out the creativity.