View Single Post
Old 03-05-14, 02:59 PM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by cdp8
SAR are not Secret Service or military. They should not be expected to put their lives in extraordinary peril to save ours.
RMRU is a volunteer run(and outfitted) organization so in this particular case I have to agree with your assessment.. however the Riverside County Sheriff's office is a whole other story we pay departments such as that to protect and serve, this means they put their lives on the line.. this isn't a fine print thing it's part of the obligation if you decide to become a LEO, firefighter, paramedic etc.. your career choice may very well require you to sacrifice your life, health, personal safety yada yada yada but you choose it yourself. The deceased choice of actions were faulty obviously, but in my mind so was the reaction of the Sheriff's department and I'll restrain myself now before I get into a rant about public servants no longer wishing to live up to their obligations that they're paid to do.