Old 03-06-14, 08:13 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
I did the 70 mile route on the bent last year. I've also taken a bent to the top of Vail Pass and up a cat 4 or 3 climb on the Tour of Colorado.

Bents are so much more comfortable than DF that we put up with the agony of climbing. This is one reason I wanted to do the TCTP, my attempt to have more matches to burn on hilly centuries.

Ultimately I'd like to try touring. Those people lug heavy bikes everywhere.

My road bike weighs 19 pounds and feels like a toy. I would love to try a well fitted Domane, but I'd have to ride it for several hours before making any conclusions.
I rode a Domane set up by shop per my fitters numbers and he had an adjustable frame & had dialed in the Domanes frame geometry, so I'm pretty confident the fit was very good. I did not like it. You should test ride a BMC GF01 Now *thats* a nice bike, not that I'm partial or anything. But you can't put fenders on it, and you'd probably want that in a a touring bike.

I have never ridden a recumbent bike so I can't speak to relative comfort. But I'm comfortable on a road bike so that works for me & saves some weight up the hills to boot.

Well good luck on your recumbent century. I feel so bad for all you people suffering through winter, I have literally not lost a single ride to weather since the fall. Well, actually I had to move one up a day to avoid some rain, but that's it. You'll be happy when spring comes at last. Not too much longer.

H