Old 03-07-14, 09:13 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by etw
Thanks for the feedback. For the lat year or so, I was on a Toupe. While it is ok, after a couple of hours I was squirming trying to get some relief from sit bone pain. On longer group rides and centuries, I would notice that others were happily on their saddle, while I was moving and often standing to get some periodic relief.

I have done a bike fit and regular tweaking of position (both mine and the saddle) with no real change. I am currently trying a Kurve Bull and will see how that ends up. I will give it some time, since over this winter I have not been on the road bike as much as I would like.
Bottom line, forgive the pun is...you have to rotate your pelvis to endure a racing saddle.
There is a simple experiment. Find a clear patch of road, take your forefinger and place it under the sitbone on the same side while pedaling and holding on to the top of the handlebar with the other hand. You will feel a lot of pressure. If you rotate your pelvis more forward, this will dramatically reduce pressure from your sit bones. If you ride a road bike like a cruiser, you will never be comfortable on a racing style saddle.
Also try rotating your saddle tilt back. The rear of the saddle should be relatively close to flat and not angled forward which adds pressure to the sit bones. Good luck.