View Single Post
Old 03-07-14, 11:52 AM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Its not so much the constant argument for arguments sake that keeps me from really being more involved, nor is it the demand for citation, without which this would quickly become a morass of unverifiable opinions and pipe dreams. Its not even that I am not car free, but extremely light, as in gassed up less than ten times last year, and that was just topping the tank off when going to the airport and back.

Its the almost total lack of any common ground with the core posters. Most of them are urban dwellers, complaining about or discussing bike lanes, sharrows, dealing with stop lights, whether its better to just walk to the grocery or ride...
I bet that a lot of lurkers here are in that situation, where they either live in a small town with no real issues as are addressed here, or like me, miles from pavement with nothing but high speed highways to ride to the nearest bike lane free town to get to grocery's, library, post office.

The rabid anti car bias of some of the most common posters, from the view point of rural farm country dwellers is amusing as well. Its a lot more fun to read a thread filled with a few folks pointing out logical and logistical facts to the pipe dreamers than it is to get personally involved.

And Roody, I would rather read a legitimate thread started by someone than have a bunch of filler threads started by you, who admits that they are of no interest to you.

Last edited by shipwreck; 03-07-14 at 11:56 AM.