Old 03-07-14, 03:24 PM
CenturionIM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black wallnut
I can understand where this kind of thinking comes from but I do not agree with it based on my experience. At my weight and average speed/cadence paired with the distances I have comfortably ridden it is my sit bones that carries the vast majority of my weight. If your legs are holding your weight up IMHO you are either riding at near peak watts or overly mashing.

I have found that a Specialized Riva works for me and does not break the bank. Works for me for 201 miles in a day and everything short of that. One of the guys at my LBS agrees that it is one saddle that he is going to start recommending people try first as it just seems to work. What this means to you is maybe nothing and maybe everything. Saddle comfort is a very personal thing.
I am not disregarding the saddle part of the comfort equation, but just pointing out legs plays a very big role. You don't need to be riding very fast or smashing. There are bikes that make you sit up like hybrids, but I tend to ride longer distances on average ~8 miles and will never choose hybrids anyway. but then, i have weak legs...

I have Spec Riva on two bikes and they definitely work. But nothing more.