View Single Post
Old 03-07-14, 03:33 PM
mel2012

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hmm, since you are of shorter stature, have you thought about the Boda Boda instead for the easier step-through? If you can keep your younger one in a front-mounted seat until he or she is 3, both kids could probably both share the deck of the Boda Boda with stoker bars at that point (or Yuba might make a Monkey-bar-like set up for the Boda Boda at a future date). And by that point your older one might be riding solo for some trips.

I had a couple of other thoughts that might steer you toward the Mundo or another long-tail.

Do you ever plan to travel with the bike? I know people with the Madsen have put it on top of their cars for travelling, while those with the Mundo have been able to use a trunk/hitch mounted rack--albeit somewhat awkwardly.

Have you considered putting a trail-a-bike on the back for your older one? There are a lot of "hacks" now to attach a Burley Piccolo to a Mundo or other longtail and Yuba stated last year that they were working on a Mundo-specific trail-a-bike attachment. That wouldn't be an option with the Madsen.

Also, I know lots of people like the Yepp Mini, but I wanted to put in plug for the Bobike Mini. I've actually tried all four of the front-mounted bike seat options--Ibert, WeeRide, Yepp Mini, and the Bobike Mini, and the Bobike Mini is by far my favorite. I had two issues with the Yepp: (1) The seat angles back, so the space for mounting and dismounting was more limited; and (2) there is an exposed metal bar on the bottom that was very uncomfortable if I didn't splay my legs enough, as opposed to the smooth bottom on the Bobike. My 3.5 year old, who is 30 lbs and 38" tall, is still riding comfortably in the Bobike Mini.