View Single Post
Old 03-07-14, 07:31 PM
beachczar

Bikes: Trek Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm new to this forum and was browsing about when I ran across this thread. Talk about timely! I'm 56 years old, divorced, and I recently sent my only son off to nuke school in the Navy. So, I started to clean house.

I was married for nearly 25 years and had accumulated plenty of stuff. My ex and I sold & donated a lot when we moved apart but I still had couch, chairs, big tv, stereo, kitchen stuff, etc.... You know what I'm talking about. This past June I hit the road to move to San Diego, taking my time to stop for a few months to visit family & friends in L.A. where I grew up.

Now, I have:
- a big tv (I'll probably give that to my buddy in SD when I get there);
- a well-stuffed rolling tool box (doesn't take much room and very handy, but I'll probably give it to my nephew the engineering student/car nut)
- a big '80s stereo setup (I'm thinking on this one. Man, those old tower speakers rock!)
- about 6 cu ft of specialized cooking equipment (I'm thinking about this one, too. I'm a chef, by training)
- 2003 Ford POS Escape (disposable)

Tomorrow, I take delivery of a new Trek 7.2. I plan to be a daily rider, a "utility cyclist."

I'm going low. Thanks for this thread. I'll be here often.

Cheers!

edit: and my desktop computer. I don't even have a smart phone, yet

Last edited by beachczar; 03-07-14 at 07:40 PM.