Old 03-08-14, 01:59 PM
bobotech

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia Elite/Motobecane Fantom Cross Team Ti/'85 Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RandomTroll

I don't want any advice on how to prevent punctures.
Troll indeed! Dude, a tube is a tube. A thicker tube isn't going to make one iota of a difference. The tube is the most minor part of the tire assembly in preventing punctures. By the time a puncture has been created and is through the tire and all the piles, the tire is pretty much done. I would imagine that a tube will prevent a puncture 5 percent of the time if that.

Your issues are not going to be solved by new tubes from what you are describing.

I would first see if you could ride bigger tires that are puncture resistant. Don't buy tires based upon weight but rather how good they are at being puncture resistant. Heavier tires are probably better at resisting punctures. Try tire lines. Run a lower pressure with bigger tires.

Describe WHAT is puncturing your tires. Metal? Glass? Thorns? Abandoned dreams of has-been singers? Nails?

I had a tire in my friends bike that would go flat but only after riding on for a while. Turned out that the tire had a tiny piece of metal embedded in the carcass that was small enough to not be felt when rubbing your fingers across where it was located inside or outside of the tire but once you started riding, it would slowly abrade the tube to the point that after 10 miles, you would end up with another slow leaky tube.

Don't be so close minded.