Old 03-08-14, 03:43 PM
hammy56
coffee-stained punk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wesley36
*shrug* I guess the environmental/ food security angle on veganism is/has been the most important to me. The thing is, I am coming around to seeing eggs and chickens as a part of the mix of a more sustainable and equitable food system. And also, good friends of the family have chickens and ducks which roam and forage freely on their farm (which is reasonably close), and they sometimes give us eggs, which I am cool with. Not sure I could go back to eating meat, dairy tears my system apart, but eggs I can live with. I also eat honey and <3 merino wool stuff, so I guess I should just give up the "vegan" label, even if it is still about 98% accurate.
fair enough…my reasons for being vegan are 50/50 health and moral. "Health" in terms of meat and dairy being what I believe highly carcinogenic. And the undeniable issue of animals being tortured for peoples' greed, gluttony and selfishness . We dont need to have a debate on the subject, my opinion wont change and Im not trying to change anyone else's.
Quite simply- eating meat and dairy is absolutely unnecessary. And Ive personally yet to have anything but remarkably positive results from my choice of (plant-based) food consumption. And needless to say there are, and always have been a variety successful vegan athletes.

If all farms were like your friends' (unlike today's 'animal factories') the world would be a better place.

Last edited by hammy56; 03-08-14 at 03:47 PM.