Old 03-10-14, 06:56 AM
GordoTrek

Bikes: 1962 Carlton Franco-Suisse Custom,1968 Raleigh DL-1/Tourist, 1971 Holdsworth Professional, 1973 Holdsworth Mistral,1973 Raleigh Gran Sport,1974 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1993 Trek 2200 Composite, 2011 Trek 7.3FX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1989Pre
Very tastefully done, Gord! I like your selection of components and I think your twine and wax idea is brilliant, at least for this color frame. I think the Grand Prix decals for the top tube is a good idea. What kind of riding do you plan on doing with this bike? Be mindful of those decals since there is no clear coat on them. Your lamp video said it was "private", so I couldn't access it.
thanks again pre, the video should work now, thanks for catching that, i may clearcoat the decals going forward ,i haven't done it on other bikes ive done and they are ok so we will see, i plan on using this bike as a pub crawl, bike night kinda deal, every friday we have a bike ride with a local group here in rochester, this bike was built with that night in mind. i am currently working on adding a rack. I attached an old box to the rack and shellaced the box

i tested the box it fits 2 6packs of bottles very nicely, i also integrated an LED rear light that attached underneath the rack with a push button mounted near the front... not sure how this will look.. .but wanted to use this box in some fashion..