Old 03-11-14, 08:25 PM
seanpatrick

Bikes: 2002 TCR ZERO, 1993 Trek 970, 1980's Nobillete

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schwinn, Univega, or Specialized?

So After destroying my Wheeler road frame last weekend I'm suddenly in the market for a new frame. I had bought the Wheeler from a local guy with a large building full of old bikes. So when I broke it I went back to see what else he had tucked away. Because I am looking for something pretty specific (lugged steel, down tube braze on shift bosses, 700c, recessed brakes) I only had three frames to choose from. The first thing he showed me was a gold Univega that I didn't catch the model of. Next he had a Schwinn Tempo that seemed to be from the late 80's. And last he showed me a Specialized Allez that looks to be from 84-87. He said he would let the Univega or Schwinn go for around $120 but the Allez he wants closer to $300. I'm really partial to the Allez but don't want to pony up that cash. I'm going back next week to look again and see if he would trade or something. I'm going to look a few other places too before I make a decision. How do those Univega's and Schwinn's stack up to the Specialized though?