View Single Post
Old 03-12-14, 05:24 AM
julzjchasin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, Can you explain this seat clamping issue a bit more? My saddle dropped unexpectedly this weekend while away cycling. I popped into a shop to get it tightened as I didn't have any tools on me. he happened to be a cervelo dealer and was about to tighten the collar when he pointed out a small hairline crack (about the size of a penny) on the frame just under the seat clamp where the seat tube meets the top tube. He said that that could explain why the saddle dropped. He said he'd tighten it to torque 5 (proper tightness) and that if it dropped again it was definitely an issue with the frame. Sure enough it dropped again within 10 miles. I brought it to my nearest cervelo dealer yesterday who said that was ridiculous and it's just a paint scratch (though it doesn't feel like a normal paint scratch). But he still can't explain why they seat post won't stay up now. I'm bringing it to a third party carbon expert to get their opinion today before I strip it down and ask my shop to send it to Cervelo.. but i'm just wondering if that sounds like what you experienced with your R3? I've never come off mine or had any type of crashes. Glad to hear you didn't have any issues dealing with Cervelo's warranty department..
Thanks for your thoughts..