Old 03-12-14, 12:57 PM
Vincente Fox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike purchase recommendation (lots of links)

Hello, all.

I'm looking to get a new (to me) bike, probably either a less-aggressive road bike or a hybrid, and, of course, would prefer not to spend too much. I want something pleasant and easy to ride, but a bit more dynamic and appropriate than my old trek mtb from when I was younger. I've been doing a whole bunch of research over the last week or so, and kept an eye on my local craigslistings. I've learned some things, and a lot of my research has taken me to threads here, so I figured this would be a good place to look for advice.

I've collected a bunch of links from craigslist as well as a handful from bikesdirect and performancebikes that look possibly decent. I've tried to do some reasearch in particular on most or all of the ones I've found, and these either got some good things said about them or I couldn't find a lot on. I'm not certain by any means that I'll be getting one of these, but I was thinking anyone who might be willing to look over them and give some info or thoughts about any that stick out as good-looking options or good deals, or particularly bad ones, could be useful to me and help me know what to keep an eye out for in the future.

For what it's worth, I'm about 5'11 (I think a 54-56 cm and 210 lbs, in pretty good shape (not that I couldn't stand to improve it, certainly), and 25 years old.

(I'm also aware of the somewhat-prevailing LBS proponency, and have done some visiting, which I'm sure will continue. That is fine, but this is more just helping me get thoughts on things my research has turned up)

Thanks!

Scott Metrix 40 300

Tange Cilo Sport 325

Jamis Ventura 380

Diamondback Sorrento 125

Raleigh R-300 160

Bianchi Premio 225

Fuji Touring 400

Dawes Lightning 1000 400

Motobecane Mirage 350 (or super mirage for 400)

Motobecane Cafe Latte 400

Gravity Liberty CX 400

GT Zum Flatbar 400

Fuji Absolute 2.3 370

Schwinn Searcher 4 350