Old 03-13-14, 12:36 AM
Caterpillar750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keyven
Very nice review Caterpillar. Thank you.

I might consider the V8 as my secondary bike (to use with the Brompton which my wife can use) and play around with the upgrade options, since the Brompton does not offer much 'cheap' and straightforward upgrade paths.

I'm not a technical guy, so I got to ask about the practical options for the V8 - do they have the equivalent of the Front Carrier Block (FCB) on the V8? Either something that allows bags to easily latch on to the bike, or a modified FCB (which I think I heard of) that allows me to quickly snap my bags off/on the bike?

Yes, you're welcome.

The V8 does take the Brompton bags. So you can interchange them. My friend who owns the V8 still uses his old Brompton bags.

The V8 is also able to handle heavy loads. He sometimes come in in one of our meetings fully loaded with lots of stuff (big volume and heavy weight). That says a lot about the bike!

I will be posting about how Bromptons go about their business. Why the cost so much. Their problems and their thrust for the future. But I'll leave that for now and let others ask questions for now. But the way Brompton does business must also be revealed because I read a lot of misconceptions around here. Most are conjectures or guesswork only based on what they see on the surface. Not really to defend Brompton, but once people see why they do what they do and how they do it, it will become clear that profit, though important, is not the reason why their bikes are expensive.