Old 03-13-14, 10:00 PM
Buzzatronic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, at the risk of getting trolled and mocked more by bringing this back to the top of the page, here's my last update.

The LBS let me know on Mar 6th that the replacement from Cannondale arrived. They sent a full bike replacement (not just a frame). The LBS needed my bike to ship back in the same box so they wanted to build the new one as they took apart my old one. They said it was about a two day turn around. I dropped my bike off the morning of the 8th and they knocked it out quick and pinged me in the afternoon letting me know the new bike was ready to go. Awesome.

I picked it up and we did a close inspection to make sure all was well. I finally got to ride it on Wednesday and today (thanks to good weather), putting about 80mi on it and everything seems to be in order.

So to summarize: Cannondale replaced the entire bike and the LBS turned on the turbo boost in putting it together for me. I learned a valuable lesson about if you're going to be a perfectionist about stuff you buy, you really gotta be diligent in inspecting it when you pick it up. Now I look forward to many years and thousands of miles from this bike.