james_swift
All ur bike r belong Enki

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BruceMetras
Hello Folding Fraternity,

Have been riding a Xootr Swift for the last couple of months and have really been impressed with it. Out of the box it is an extremely capable bike with rock solid handling, fast, looks great and folds quickly to fit in the trunk of my Alfa convertible. I have made a few personal changes to it tailored to the kind of riding I do the majority of the time, which is hilly, paved, country type roads. I changed out the seatpost/seat for a 1lb savings, the wheels (for another 2+lbs with the front being a Pantour suspension hub) and added a 9sp cluster, SRAM X-7 derailleur, hollow pin chain, 53t chainring, carbon bar, carbon bar ends, wireless speed computer, and MKS Q/R pedals... I took it on my normal 10 mile round trip lunch run today and it really flies. The Stelvios and light wheels really accelerate..Woweee! And, the bike is comfortable with the Pantour hub soaking up lots of the road harshness, no tingling finger ends. The Swift is a most impressive folding bike regardless of price, but at under $700, it's a steal. I can't match Chris' animated .gif riding a KHS down stairs, but I did include a picture of the one of reasons I ride 10 miles for lunch.

Best Bruce
Killer components, Bruce. Very impressive.

Where did you get the seat tube and what are it's specs? How come no clipless pedals? That bike is just screaming for a pair of Speedplays!