Old 03-15-14, 08:12 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by hansgregorius
yes i also mentioned that one. is it possible that the frame its not original colour? the decals also?
With digital photography, file compression and variations in everyone's color computer monitors, there is really no way to comment on the color other than it looks opaque blue.

Gios Blue is very hard to match at least here in the USA. I have found a formula and have two frames that require repainting so when I get to it I will buy the paints and do a spray out to a color match to an original finish Gios I own.

Most repaints are not dark or intense enough I have found. Gios Blue is a High Chroma color.

Gios did make tins of touch up paint available at one time, the last USA importer did have some but it has been so long now that even if they had it still hidden in inventory is would not be a good idea to use it.

I am not sure if those graphics are reproductions, a bit too much polish or sunlight over the years and things happen. Earlier bikes had varnish fix graphics but the 80's bikes had vinyl that way silk screened, one would have to look very closely in person and possibly with a loop to see how the ink was applied to comment.