Old 03-15-14, 05:05 PM
Lorig20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update...I've pretty much decided on a road bike. The Giant Avail 2. It finally warmed up enough to do a little test riding. I tried a Cannondale Synapse 6 at the LBS (where I bought my Schwinn 37 years ago!), but it just didn't feel right. I also test rode a Quick, and it was so much more comfortable, but didn't say "buy me". Went back today and tried it again, while Hubby tried the same in a men's. Still not right. Then to LBS #2 , and tried the Giant. So much more comfortable. Love just about everything about it. The only thing I like about the Cannondale (other than it coming from the same shop I bought my bike from so long ago) was the Cannondale felt a smidgen lighter. I drive a pick up and for the time being will be putting the bike in the back of the truck. I needed to be able to lift it easily. My old Schwinn was a struggle (even though it was Schwinn's "Super-lite" series!)

Didn't buy it yet, I want to have a cooling off period. I actually rode it twice today, since hubby tried 2 different bikes. Just as nice the second time.

Happy that the confused and frustrated stage seems to be over. Now hopefully I'll get it and on to the fun!!

Last edited by Lorig20; 03-15-14 at 05:08 PM. Reason: addition