Thread: Breezer Venturi
View Single Post
Old 03-16-14, 07:43 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
Liked 1,707 Times in 1,031 Posts
Strayduck, what do you think of the ride quality and handling?

EDIT: Those Crud Mk 2s are really nice fenders. I bought a set hoping to fit them to my Lemond, which is rolling on 25s, for the spring rides, but there wasn't enough clearance. I thought about putting them on the Breezer, but as you mention, despite Crud's assertion they work on 25s, I think it's too tight. Anyway, after the winter we've had out here, I want to stick with 25s because the roads are a wreck. Just yesterday, a moment of distraction had me running up on a line of stopping cars from about 22mph, and while I got on the brakes hard, I didn't have enough time to stop before I would have rear-ended one, so I pointed my wobbling front end towards the rubble-strewn bike lane, which was also full of flooded potholes, jumped into and out of a big one, and bounded my way across the rest of the crater field and clear of danger successfully, luckily. I might not have been so lucky on narrower, harder tires. Once I get more rides in and see the condition of my preferred routes, I'm sticking with 25s!

Last edited by chaadster; 03-16-14 at 07:57 AM.