Old 03-16-14, 07:55 AM
WebFootFreak

Bikes: Modified Denali

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
Many years ago, I was coming home from a company gathering in another part of the state. I was driving a beat-up old pick-up and had a decidedly furry look, since it was winter and the fur keeps me warm while riding. As I passed through a notorious methamphetamine production/distribution community (Mapleton, OR), a state trooper pulled the fastest U-turn I have ever seen to get behind me. Two miles later he pulled me over. He initially told me he pulled me over because my bumper was partially obscuring my registration sticker (true enough, depending on one's definition of partial). After we chatted for a few minutes, he told me he really pulled me over because the vehicle I was driving was stereotypical of the local tweakers and he wanted to look for drugs. (By this time he had realized he was talking to a T-totaler.)

In my opinion, it's all good. I actually want my troopers to do lots of traffic stops. Being pulled over, even for slightly dubious causes, is the price of admission to motorized transportation.
I had just moved back to the Memphis area and a good friend of mine was watching my daughter while I went on a job interview. I got pulled over on the way back to pick her up for failure to signal. Problem is... I always signal. I'm rather OCD about it. I have a friend in the dept, and he told me later that I got pulled for driving a beat up s10 blazer with out of state tags through one of the nicer neighborhoods. They gave me a heck of a hard time too...