View Single Post
Old 03-17-14, 08:48 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2607 Post(s)
Liked 1,694 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by Velocivixen
@ The Golden Boy - your Trek bike rehab turned out gorgeously! Inspires me on many levels. Quick question about the use of NOS Accushift shifter cable housing. I don't want to get off topic, so quick answer or refer me elsewhere please. I have a bike which how has Accushift friendly rear derailleur & freewheel, and am toying with the idea of getting some Accushift 6 speed shifters. What are the benefits of using "Accushift" cables or housing vs modern? Thanks. I love his website and have spent hours looking over his rehabs.
Hi Velocivixen-

Thanks! The only reason I'm using Accushift housing is because I'm using friction shifting. It's really only for the cache of the "SunTour Accushift" writing on the housing.
(which is another thing I want to do- try to rotate the housing so the writing shows- yes, I'm going full on dork with this)

SIS or better yet any new shift housing is LEAGUES better than the old Accushift housing. I currently have two bikes set up with Accushift 6sp shifters, Accushift derailleurs and Shimano 6sp freewheels. They work magically- both of those are using modern Jagwire cables and housing.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.