Old 03-17-14, 11:00 AM
Oldhead

Bikes: CAAD 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvdslw
I think there may be some other choices to consider for the $900-$1,300 price range you are shopping and if it were me, I'd search for possible 2013 closeouts that may have better components or frames? That being said, if your going to choose from the list you posted, I would try to ride them all and go with your gut. Also look into the warranties, Cannondale has a lifetime frame warranty, not sure about the others?

Just did a quick search here at my local shops and for $100 more than the CAAD 8, you could get a 13 SuperSix, 13 Tarmac, 13 Roubaix, 14 Madone 2.1c and this is just two stores I checked, there's still Scott, Felt, Fuji, GT, Giant, etc.... I understand you may have a budget to consider but keep in mind that a little bit more will get you a lot more bike to a certain point. I say frame fit/quality 1st, then componentry.
I would love to find a store with a 2012 or 13 marked down. I definitely don't have to get a 2014. I don't think tech has come that far in the last few years to matter. The only new thing I have seen is the shimmano claris group set for the low end. And do the frames really break that often that a lifetime warrenty is a must?