Old 03-17-14, 11:06 AM
jdpt

Bikes: Surly Cross Check, GT Timberline, Trek 730 Multitrack, Univega Gran Turismo, Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Number400
I built it up with SORA 8 speed stuff. Left shifter is a SORA triple moving a matching SORA FD.

I had some rub up front and did buy raceface cranks to give me some chain line adjustment. If I recall it has 6mm of spacers that I can move around and that really helped to line things up. If it is a ratio thing, the Shimano shifter was under $20 new shipped from ebay. If you are not married to the Claris, it would be easiest to swap it out.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to see different pictures of anything. It was a fun build and despite weighing 28lbs, it has been a great go anywhere and foul weather bike. I love how stiff the frame is!
Thanks for the reply. Not married to Claris...I have the IRD alpina-d front derailleur on the way. If that doesn't work, I may just add a bar end and call it a day. The chainline issue is a bit complicated for my limited mechanical skill at this point. Will post pic when I am done-it lookks great so far!