cheeseflavor
Get A Life - Get A Bike

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Bianchi San Jose, '87 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feeling guilty...

Ok... tell me it's ok. Tell me I'll be fine.

Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we rode 100 mi, counting the 53 on Saturday. Monday and Tuesday, it rained - almost 7 inches in some areas. so, we couldn't ride then. We got 22 miles in on Wednesday. Tonight, I had PT for my back, got home late so we didn't ride (anyway, it's 41 degrees with a 15 mph wind at the moment, and I'm not ready for this stuff). That means We've gotten in only 21 miles (one ride) in the last 4 days. In the summer we ride 5-6 days/wk minimum. Because of my back, I haven't gotten any time in on the bowflex for almost 4 weeks.

For the last year and a half, Linda and I have worked our behinds off (literally) getting in shape, and I'm feeling like it's all going to be lost in a matter of days. During PT today, the guy put me on a stationary bike for 5 minutes, and sort of patronizingly says, "let's see how this feels". So, for 5 minutes, I'm buzzing along at 95-100RPM and not even breaking a sweat just to show the punk. Then he asks, "how did that feel?".

THAT was the high point of my day.

My body hasn't acclimated to this weather yet, and there's at least 4 more months of winter. Linda and I have only 250 miles to go to get our 4,000 miles. Here it's October and I've got cabin fever already. I look at myself and I can just FEEL my muscle tone disintegrating. My clothes fit differently. I think even my bird, Greta, notices it. Linda, bless her, has to be getting as getting tired of my attitude as I am.

Is there hope for me?

Steve