Old 03-17-14, 10:30 PM
AmandaMike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nfmisso
Hi;

Here are some for you to check out - I have no stake in any of them.
Ibis Cousin It Tandem-beautiful
Trek Tandem - if you come to look at this one, let me know, we live a few miles west of it, and you can check out our T50 (not for sale ) nfmisso@gmail.com
Burley Tandem. Ride together by staying together! Funner that way! - though the claims in the ad of this one are outlandish.

I disagree with WheelsNT about the need for 145mm spacing. It is easy to find hubs that will work with 140mm spacing and go up to ten speed if you want. I converted our T50 to 9 speed; it has 140mm spacing. 9 is enough for us; the cost is not too high, unlike 10 and 11 speed.
Links much appreciated! I'll give more attention tomorrow. The Ibis might be out of my budget, the Trek might be too tall (30 inch stand over, my inseam is 28-29 with shoes). Burley doesn't give heights but doesn't look too tall in the pictures so I'll email.

Really grateful for the links. I can only skim so many ads before I'm mixing them all up and discouraged by not finding what I want lol

Also - the Nashbar is too tall, WheelsNT. Good call.

We rent a Cannondale when the funds allow and I LOVE the bike. But it's a large/small and I can barely stand with my toes on the ground so it's a big lesson on what NOT to get.