Old 03-18-14, 06:22 AM
Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Weatherby
If the legs don't loosen up after the warm up, just do an easy, easy ride or go home. Never force it. Good work!
Sorry,
I was too brief.
Wasn't tightness. When tight, I warm up and stretch on the bike. If still tight a foam roller is marvelous on the posterior chain!

I've been having troubles eating. I'm not trying to loose weight at this time, for bunch of reasons. But appetite is absent... I think it is an effect of intervals. When lifting it is a sign of exceeding recovery... So doubling down on recovery factors... One can always improve recovery factors. But I'm thinking it is a side effect of doing intervals 4x week. Other then a bit of sensation in legs (doesn't rise to discomfort, let alone pain) not seeing other signs of recovery issues.

I don't think I had enough carbs during the day. 2 Bananas and an apple for all day prior to the ride. I had enough total food... Just not enough to make up for a cold day. I was depleted going in. Usually I can summon enough will to go anyway and make a decent time of it... It does seem that relative to lifting more carbs are required even at low carb lifestyle to avoid the negatives of really low carb.

ps. I count fruit/veg as carbs though most exclude them from daily totals...