Old 03-18-14, 02:14 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Bianchi - 18-speed touring bike - do I do major fix up - or merely mend front wheel?

Thanks very much for the input - much appreciated.
I will certainly get the wheel fixed. Once that is done should be prime time to sell - may have 'lucked-out' there.
As for size, I am just under 6'2" and can (just) straddle the top bar with both feet on the ground. I will raise the saddle up another couple of inches - I seem to recall the bike shop I bought it from positioned the saddle higher than I have it now.

I would appreciate further comments about the merit of putting money into new tires / service.

[NB The bike is perfectly rideable at the moment (I took it for a 40/50km spin with my son last fall)].

Provided I keep receipts (as I would be using local bike shop to do the work) does the 'ready-to-go' factor mean I will be able to fully recoup the costs ?
Or am I better to ask a lower price and let the buyer do the work they want to the standards they demand ?

My impression last fall in chatting with the LBS about fixing up the bike was that mending the front wheel / new cables / full service could well cost $200 / $250 at their rates.