Old 03-18-14, 02:56 PM
vrooom3440

Bikes: Co-Motion Primera Co-Pilot, Trek Madone 3.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AmandaMike
...On another note, the owner of the Burley seemed really cool, knowledgeable, had tips for adjusting to our heights. Go figure. He suggested ram handlebars turned forward, the captain seat adjusted forward (they will allow it on that bike) and the taller stoker seat. Also some ideas about wheel and tire size if needed, but the stand over is okay for me on this bike.

How does everyone feel about $1300 for a used Burley? They don't make them any more so I can't find much info on pricing!
Burley Tandem. Ride together by staying together! Funner that way!
That bike looks pretty darn clean to me in the pictures. Looks like he took good care of it. Appears to be a good starting point if it meets your needs. Will not be the lightest nor the fastest. The mountain rims/tires and upright seating position should give you a nice soft ride. The adjustable front handlebar stem may be nice to tailor things if needed. Twist grip shifters are not my favorite but can be swapped pretty cheaply if they bother you (BTDT on a half bike).

With respect to price... my opinion is that quality equipment is going to command a higher price and be worth it in the end. There are a few items here that look similar to a 10 year old Trek half bike I have so I see a quality bike rather than a cheap Wal-Mart bike. From what I have seen the under $1k price range is usually a combination of lower quality, older, less loved bikes than this one. So it really comes down to your budget and if it is worth it to you?

Big question is if you and stoker can make it fit.