3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26413 Post(s)
Liked 10,379 Times in 7,207 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramona_W
What a long stupid day! Leaving aside the anti-union propaganda film and that the "How to use the EasyCut box cutter" film showed the user cutting toward himself on nearly every occasion in direct opposition to what we'd just been told, there was the dress code discussion. They left the color selection for pants in place- khaki to dark brown- but decided shirts/sweaters/etc need to be navy and the layer under them can only be white if it shows. Okay, fine. Incredibly restrictive but fine. We have free rein when it comes to lanyards and jewelry as long as it doesn't pose a safety hazard? Cool. If we're not working in the deli then we can wear any shoes we want as long as they're closed-toed. Excellent news as this gives us a certain amount of freedom of expression. We're all ready to move on except one lady who says "You couldn't wear neon green sneakers, could you?" The personnel director doing the training says "If they're closed-toed, why couldn't you?" "Well," the woman says, "it wouldn't look right, would it? I mean shoes that bright?" By now, all of the women and even some of the men have turned to give her a pointed look and the trainer says "I'm wearing purple athletic shoes today. Purple is my favorite color so I'm wearing them." I said, fake mournfully, "Good lord! We've already lost royal blue; do you want them to take away our shoe choices as well?" She looked suitably chastened and closed her mouth. Nobody said anything for a minute until a guy in the back said "I love *my* colorful tennis shoes". A few people chuckled and, finally, we moved on to punctuality and attendance. I do not understand people who request even more rules in any given situation. WTF?! (For the record, I was a lot more concerned about this woman's attitude and the effect she was having on our chances of getting to lunch on time than I was about having my spectrum of blues limited.)

Interestingly enough, I'm not going to be able to start my job-shadowing when everyone else does because they have to find me a "special" store. At least the assistant manager, who's going to be supervising several departments including mine, and I are going to be getting extra training because our store will be selling firearms. We have to be able to recognize a straw purchase among other things. You know those: it's how teenagers get beer and how sociopaths get guns.
...well we all knew that you are special, so this comes as no surprise.

They chased the gunz out of most of the stores around here, but there are still a couple if you know about them.
The Reno Walmart I visited had a firearms section that looked like a Department of Defense sales convention. Very impressive.

I was worried until you posted this summary. I do not trust those people, and fear they might disappear you.