Old 03-18-14, 10:24 PM
Big Lebowski

Bikes: Trek 9th District, CAAD 10, Crux

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Free Range

Big Lebowski, I saw that one too, you think that would be a good bike? (the soho)
I've actually owned a Soho-S since 2011 and I commute on it frequently. I'm not certain, but I think the "S" was for "Single", since Trek made a version that was not a single-speed. It's an aluminum bike that came with a Shimano freewheel (I replaced mine after 3 years with a White Industries freewheel), decent 700x28 tires, matte black paint, braze-ons for fenders/racks and an internal rear brake cable. Nothing flashy. One wouldn't know the brand unless they looked carefully for the Trek logo. It isn't obvious.

It's just me being sentimental, but of all of my bikes, this one would be the last to go. It doesn't have the pizzaz of a Bianchi or a Big Block, but it's a good bicycle. As I mentioned, the one on CL here in KC has been there for some time, but the owner keeps bumping it. I think that one could get it for $200 or less.

The 2014 version is called a "District S", but I think that it is essentially the same bike. District S - Trek Bicycle