Old 03-19-14, 08:12 AM
PolarBear007
Touring Enthusiast

Bikes: 23" Schwinn High Plains, 20" Trek 830 Antelope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's normal to have "experts" on every side of a debatable subject - refuting one another's research findings/methodology. No problem. I hope the Mod's keep those discussions out of this thread.

It's additionally frustrating when research errors are made and admitted to by the initial researcher while other researchers attempt to draw corollary conclusions from the same data set. Conclusions made (by the initial researcher or others) after acknowledging a flawed initial data set (flawed in procurement methodology or otherwise) amount to pridefulness and attempts at saving/salvaging reputation (which is often related to personal income).

I think (and believe the results of) this paleo/low-carb "diet/lifestyle" makes sense. The human body is an amazing machine and highly adaptable, but does have limitations. I'm willing to invest time to make the changes and personally examine the results. Then, I'll have the results/consequences evaluated by non-discriminating, empirical tests and if anything is or has begun to be unhealthy, I'll adjust my dietary course/intake. It's just that simple.

All the hyperbole and inciteful cross-examination by those with differing opinions simply is an irritating distraction.