View Single Post
Old 03-20-14, 11:43 AM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by jmilleronaire
Yes, there is only one answer to any question, and that is your answer.

I do see the cause of your frustration, there seems to be a pretty narrow rotation of questions, one of the biggest (behind "which bike is best for me?") being "which tire?". But there's an enormous selection available, and each one fits a niche and is being used somewhere. And yes, there are a lot of threads that ask this, but looking at the sheer volume of options, and the fact that each new member feels their particular use is different than they can find asked about here, a little patience goes a long way.

For example: would you still recommend marathon supreme if the dirt/gravel roads they ride turn to mud when it rains twice a week? Because marathon supreme tread sure wouldn't be acceptable for me in that condition.
I answered the OPs question about a suitable road tire for a MTB. I have the same answer to your question, unless the mud is on a hill, in which case some knobby tires would be better. I use Marathon Supremes on muddy MUPs (the C&O Canal Towpath, to be specific) and while not ideal, once I'm back on pavement, I'm rolling faster and smoother.