Thread: Breezer Venturi
View Single Post
Old 03-21-14, 07:44 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
Liked 1,707 Times in 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by bikebreak
I am just wondering, since the breezer has a tapered head tube, if the venturi ETT is measured from the back of the head tube or from the fork's steerer tube.
The Venturi doesn't have a tapered head tube, and even if it did, I don't think that would make a difference in ETT measurement, which is always-- in so far as I have seen-- measured center-to-center, on the horizontal, from the TT/HT junction to seat tube/seatpost.

The Breezer diagram is pretty useless, though, as it seems to show ETT from center of what might be the virtual fork crown (!) to back of seat tube! In fairness, their diagram is not indicated that's the ETT, so maybe the diagram is just some in-house diagram that's used as decoration, and not meant for reference. Strange and confusing, in any case. EDIT: I suppose that, on the M size frame with parallel HT and ST, that distance would be the same measured anywhere between the centerlines horizontally.

Strayduck hit the same numbers as officially listed measuring c-to-c at the top of the HT, but I suspect because the top of the HT is maybe a mere 2mm above the TT, that the actual difference from that point to 10mm (or whatever it is) below that to the center of the HT/TT junction, is within the error range of the measuring method.

Last edited by chaadster; 03-21-14 at 07:55 AM.