Old 03-21-14, 07:45 AM
PolarBear007
Touring Enthusiast

Bikes: 23" Schwinn High Plains, 20" Trek 830 Antelope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks so much for the encouragement guys!

Originally Posted by Ursa Minor
Yes PolarBear007 for me it took about 3 weeks to fully adapt to a LCHF diet. Since then I'm fine
with plenty of energy on bike rides (I just did 50 miles on just water and a turkey sandwich at mile 30).
That said I'm an old guy just poking along so I cant really speak to performance biking on LCHF.

On balance I have to say I love the LCHF style I'm on.

Charlie
Hey Charlie - thanks! It's good(I think?) to know I'm in for a little more of the "(insert vehemently shouted naughty word) #&&$&#& adjustment" stage, but it eventually levels out...

Originally Posted by lenA
It's possible that you will feel headachy for a while. For me it was similar to a dull altitude headache.
Thanks lenA - my wife got the headaches as you describe (and not resultant of dehydration...) I'm experiencing a general sense of feeling less focused or "fuzzy" as my body chemistry is changing and my brain (small as it is ;-0 ) adjusts to different (lower glucose fuel?) resources. This is strictly my uneducated hypothesis based on what I'm reading online (and not Wikipedia....) from as wide a source spectrum as I can gather.

Drink as much water as you can tolerate.
This is good advice! Due to where I live (and not being a native to here), I need to consume more water than I usually would. I'm finding this change in diet is adding to my desire to drink more water.

I had a craving for pickled food...never understood why.
Maybe for additional sodium/salt? I'm noticeably detoxing from sugar and carbs and still have strong cravings for it. I won't put a name on the demons that are haunting me, but like a dog to it's vomit I'm longing to re-visit them......

These are my own experiences.............no googling involved :-)
Thanks for this!

I place a high value on accurately recorded and as bias-free as possible personal experience. I know results can be affected/skewed by pre-conceived conclusions (a placebo affect), but I also believe that people who are honestly looking for *results* not some process to champion will be more empirical in their reporting.

Only a few more days until 1st weigh-in since beginning. With me, it's the 2nd, 3rd and 4th weigh-in's that are most telling.