View Single Post
Old 03-21-14, 11:05 AM
keyven

Bikes: Fully customized 11-spd MTB built on 2014 Santa Cruz 5010 frame; Brompton S2E-X 2014; Brompton M3E 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonnyHK
I've seen the aftermath of a few folks driving up the old school yellow concrete ramp things (example here from an old news article) and I almost had an accident on the new layout of High Street, Northcote last year. That is really weird and you've really got to watch it - but it was new to me as I'm no longer a 'local' and I was jet-lagged from flying home, so I turned into this road and almost drove right up the damn ramp onto the pavement (where there was once a traffic lane). Good thing the brakes on the rental car were nice and responsive!

(for you non-melbourne folks - there is another couple of metres of yellow concrete ramp off the left edge of this shot. It's a perfect ramp to flip a car. These were about 70-90cm wide and protected the end of a basic tram stop. You can see the basic hand rail)
Yeah that is exactly what I'm talking about - that yellow ramp. I was lucky I only escaped with a minor cut on my forehead.