ovoleg
Powered by Borscht

Bikes: Russian Vodka

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have to vent: Dangerous junior with terrible attitude enforced by his dad...WTF

To me, the cycling racing scene is small, even in SoCal so you oftentimes see the same exact racers week to week. I know a very large number of guys and I've only been racing here 5 months...That said, why would you act like an ahole in a sport that's super dangerous with the same people week after week...

So I'm doing the second race of the day and we go around a corner and things get a tad sketch so this kid yells, "Watch your line you idiots". Then I replied, "Relax dude you're not a pro here". Some guy in the pack starts giggling.

Going into the last lap, the race is pretty much over because 6 dudes went up the road in a break and I couldn't bridge up so the whole field is out of the points/money. Right before turn 4, the kid rides RIGHT INTO ME and bounces off then sarcastically says, "oops" and laughs. I didn't go down or close to it but it pissed me off that someone would endanger me on purpose in a freaking bike race.

So the race ends and I pull in to talk to the USAC official. I tell him the story and he just sighs and says, "we've heard similar stories about him". WTF? Why is he allowed to race then? This is sum bull****!

So I come up to his dad and I tell him what happened and his dad replies, "Thats just bike racing"

I told him if I see him doing anything similar, I will not hesitate to defend myself.

Just left it at that because I knew things were going to heat up and I'd lose it any moment. I was counting to 10 in my head trying to keep cool and not punch anyone in the face...

Rage level = maximum.

Last edited by CbadRider; 03-25-14 at 09:05 AM. Reason: undefeated the word censor