Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Tindo
To answer a few questions... firstly i'm 5'8" and yes i have a desk job so after exercise i am sedimentary for most of the day and yes i do mean 1205 calories above what i burn off during exercise so that is about 1805 per day except on the days i dont ride then i just stay at 1205 but those are really rare for me since i cant seem to sit still for more then a 12 hour period lol
1. You are not dregs, silt, sludge, etc. ... even though you may feel that way after being sedentary most of the day.

2. There is increasing evidence that a sedentary lifestyle is very bad for our health. Even if we're active 1 hour in a day, we're inactive for 23. So the recommendation is that we be active all day long.

Get up once an hour and go for a quick walk, jog up and down the stairs for a few minutes, stretch, move. Stand as much as possible, if you must remain in one spot. So when you go to staff meetings, be one of the ones standing around the back of the room. Go for a long walk at lunch. Do something active after work as often as possible ... 5 or 6 or even 7 evenings a week. Go for a walk, go for a bicycle ride, go to the gym and take a spinning class, jog on the treadmill, use the rowing machine and/or lift weights. At home get up during commercial breaks and do housework, lift weights, walk up and down the stairs ...

So whatever amount of calories you're really eating (1800 is OK if you are active every day; you don't want to go much higher than that if your aim is to lose weight), become more active.