Old 03-24-14, 07:26 AM
REDBEARD_WS

Bikes: 2012 Giant Sedona ST, 2014 Specialized Hardrock 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KcabtaF
My wife uses our shared vehicle for her 40+ mile commute to work every day. Since I don't have a means of transportation my lifestyle has become very sedentary for the past 18 or so months since I've been unemployed and my weight has really ballooned. I've always been heavy but I'm at my heaviest now, over 400 pounds. I've been thinking about bicycling to both try and drop some weight and potentially have a means of transportation. But I'm worried I am too heavy. Are there bicycles that will support a VERY heavy person?! Any advice, tips or links would be appreciated.

There are quite a few bikes out there that will hold you. I am 400lbs and ride a specialized hardrock (msrp $580) and a giand sedona st (msrp $400) they have held up great. You said you are currently unemployed so im assuming money is tight (I spent the last year layed up on workers comp so I feel the pain) but these bikes are pretty entry level price wise. For commuting/casual riding the sedona is much more comfy. Just remember not to reeat all your calories when u get done a ride. Drink lots of water and have fun