View Single Post
Old 03-24-14, 10:50 AM
reddog3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Other than the drawing having too many dimensions... enough to confuse me and make my old eyes tired. LOL

One dimension I have concern about is BB to saddle height. At that length it would be appropriate for someone with an inseam of 32.5-33" I know you're a long legged short lady but... Ladies tend to run that way and sometimes making a frame fit is just little more work.

I also question the HTA. It's slack to make for a shorter TT to fit your short torso? Of course, any steeper would also reduce FC.

172.5 cranks? Depending on what characteristic makes your legs "long," this crank length may not be appropriate.

I like the others think the CS is a bit short. You didn't mention the purpose of this bike (geared or not) but if the axle slot isn't totally vertical, or the wheel loads from the rear (as is SS or track drops) you may have trouble loading an inflated tire/wheel.

Don't know where you got your fit dimensions but I'd suggest you try elsewhere, and get at least another opinion. I've had good luck using the "fitting" calculator over at Strawberry's site. Strawberry Cyclesport Handcrafted Bicycle Frames

And, like others have said- if you're having the frame built by someone else, let them do the math and be receptive to their input. Ain't nothing worse than spending big bucks on a custom frame and it don't fit!